APPLY NOW online
US citizens may apply for educational opportunities both inside and out of the United States. Non US citizens may apply for educational opportunities in the United States only.
1. One or more scholarships will be partially funded for qualified individuals, to attend the following:
a. Stained glass training/workshops – U.S. and international.
b. Stained Glass conference attendance – U.S. and international.
c. Fine Art Training – U.S. and international. Applicant must demonstrate how this training will further his/her stained glass career.
2. How to Apply:
Applicants are encouraged to make all submissions by e-mail.
Send the following by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
a. Application form, filled out completely.
b. 5 digital photos of your work, with a description of each.
c. A several paragraph note on why you want to attend the particular workshop/conference or class, and what you hope to learn from it.
d. Your resume (no more than one page), with emphasis on your art and stained glass training, work experience, membership in professional/local organizations; and a statement describing your financial need.
e. You may send up to two (2) letters of recommendation, submitted under separate cover, however this is not a mandatory requirement for application. Letters of recommendation will not be accepted from teachers with whom the applicant wishes to take the class or course; or from anyone who will directly benefit from the applicant’s scholarship, if awarded.
f. Please indicate if you are requesting any funds from other sources for this purpose, and if you had been awarded an AGG scholarship(s) in the past.
g. Scholarship Awards may be taxable. Please check with your accountant.
3. Scholarship money will be sent directly to the class instructor and/or workshop/conference director.
The scholarship does not fund traveling expenses or room and board.
4. The scholarship recipients are encouraged to attend the AGG Conference following the workshop, seminar, or class and will be asked to make a slideshow or Power Point presentation about the experience. A presentation board for display will be accepted if attendance at the Conference is not feasible.
5. Deadline for submission of applications is February 28, 2015 with notification of awards by March 31, 2015.
6. It is the applicant’s responsibility that all material is received by the deadline. NO material will be accepted after that date. The AGG cannot be responsible for mail or internet (Email) problems in delivery of application materials. Applicants are encouraged to send follow up emails if they are not notified by the Scholarship Chair that his/her application has been received.
7. Members of the Board of Directors of the AGG are ineligible to apply for scholarship funds.
APPLY NOW online