FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The American Glass Guild announces its sixth annual juried exhibit – “American Glass Now: 2017”. The exhibit will be on display during our Annual Conference, which will take place in May, in Rochester, NY. The show will then travel to the Washington National Cathedral immediately following the Rochester exhibit, and will be up for approximately three months.
Lindsy Parrott – Curator of the Neustadt Collection of Tiffany Glass, Long Island City, NY
Susie Silbert – Curator of curator of modern and contemporary glass at Corning Museum of Glass, Corning, NY.
Diane Wright – Chrysler Museum of Art, the Carolyn and Richard Barry Curator of Glass.
Deadline for Entries – Friday, January 13, 2017
Notifications by Friday, February 3, 2017
Rochester, New York location and dates TBD, but show will at least coincide with Conference, May 18-21, 2017
Washington National Cathedral June 9 – September 30, 2017
- All American Glass Guild members are invited to submit either a DESIGN CONCEPT, in the form of drawing/sketch/watercolor, of an idea for a piece, OR a COMPLETED PIECE OF WORK.
- All images must be digitally submitted as jpegs at 72dpi – no smaller than 1400 pixels and no larger than 2500 pixels in either direction. All images must be labeled: last name_ first name_title.jpg
- Include in your submission the approximate size of your piece, orientation (vertical or horizontal) and whether it will be framed or not. Panels must not exceed 30” in any dimension.
- All applicants must be a member of the AGG, with all dues current. Dues run January to December each year. To become a member – http://americanglassguild.org/become-a-member/ To check on your membership status email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions should completed online by the end of the day Friday, January 13, 2017 – no exceptions.
- The Jurors’ decisions will be announced Friday, February 3, 2017.
- All work must be completed and photographed by March 30, 2017 in order to be included in our publicity materials. If AGN does not receive a high-resolution image of your finished piece by March 30, 2017, your work will not be included in the exhibition catalog.
- All work must be completed and delivered to Rochester (location TBD) by May 1st to be included in the exhibition. (Conference dates: May 18-21, 2017. Artwork will need to be delivered PRIOR to the conference)
- As always: Delivery and Insurance costs TO the first venue and FROM the last venue are the responsibility of the individual artist. The AGG is not responsible for any damage or theft that may occur during the exhibition.
- The AGG will transport the artwork between the two venues. Artists must make sure the proper packaging is supplied for the transportation between venues. AGG is NOT responsible for any damage due to improper packaging.
- Artwork in the show can be, but does not have to be, for sale, with 25% going to the AGG.
- There will be a catalog of the exhibit for sale through Blurb.com.
American Glass Now is designed to encourage artists to bring a fresh and versatile look to a treasured medium by exploring what they find fascinating and evocative about it, and sharing their vision with an expanded public.
Previous shows have been at the William Penn Hotel in Pittsburgh, The Saint Augustine Art Association in Florida, The Glencairn Museum in Bryn Athyn, PA, and The Washington National Cathedral in Washington, DC. The Cathedral was so pleased with our four-month exhibit in 2015 that they invited us to come back every year, in addition to having a show at our conference venue.
Rolf Achilles – An independent Art Historian and former curator of the Smith Museum in Chicago, IL.
Dr. Virginia Raguin – Professor, College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA.
Judith Schaechter – Renowned Glass Artist and Teacher, Philadelphia, PA.
Cynthia Williams – Director, Master’s Program in Decorative Arts at the Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC.
Our Call for Submissions typically is posted in Fall of each year, with submission applications and design concepts due in January or February. You must be a member to submit. If you would like to become a member, you may join here: Become a Member of the AGG
We look forward to another great exhibition!
Nancy Nicholson, Exhibition Chair
View Past Exhibits
American Glass Now 2016
American Glass Now 2015
American Glass Now 2014
American Glass Now 2013
American Glass Now 2012